Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Saturday 26 March 2011

Wedding Cake 1

A Wedding Cake.
I Wrote this Yesterday.
A friend is organising a post-wedding party.
Recently I have been dying for an opportunity to make a wedding cake.
Since it is just a post wedding. Someone has to trust me!
Not that I have not made any Wedding-cake-like cakes.
The ones I made before were mostly for big occasions..in my own house… new babies! Eids..ect. I never took pictures.
But this time I want to take a picture and share my pride! In Algerian we call that “Ezzoukh…” hahaha.
Any way it is a three tiers cake… I have been planning it for a week and sharing and discussing the ideas with my friend and colleague at work!!!!(I mean during breaks..a way to lighten up our days).
Any way it is nearly finished now.
I made some flowers yesterday and the day before.
I baked the cakes today
I have my butter cream ready for coating the cakes… But I am now undecided on presentation
Do I stack one on the top of the other…the traditional way…
Or do I present them separate but play on stands of different heights..
(My friend gave me the idea an it is beautiful
Here is a mock set up.
I am undecided…
As we say in Algeria..
Ghedwa rabi ydeer ettaweel.
  I like both ways and I am undecided!
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment