Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Sunday 6 March 2011

Croissants au Chocolat


My twist to the Croissant is that I do not have a special recipe.
For successful croissants, it is the technique that matters rather than the ingredients in the dough.
For a less fatty version, I reduce the amount of the “usual” butter by nearly half and use oil rather than butter in the dough itself.
To be honest, I used the right recipe when I was learning how to make them years ago..but soon I stopped making them given.. the amount of the butter used…It just scares me.
However with the confidence I gained in baking now..I turn any dough into croissant.
I do not get as much layers… but the result is quite satisfying and at least I don’t eat with guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment