Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Chocolate Mousse Gateau


Every one makes mistakes in this life.
It is what you do about it that counts
Some would say “just make a learning experience out of it!”
“Fine!” I would say “But what do you do about it then!”
“live the consequences” some would say….Pessimism
“Limit the damage” others would say!... that is better..that is positive
But how many would say… use it as an opportunity and take the challenge to turn the situation into a win situation.. a better situation.
Not always possible..Some would say.
“Not always easy!” I would correct.
When I was designing this cake.. I had in mind to have a biscuit base, then a thick layer of light Ganache then decorate it with meringues..
The result is very different of the image I had in mind..
This is due to a mistake I made …and to my resolution to take a challenge.
Recipe
Base
½ pack of digestive biscuit crushed
1/3 cup walnuts
75g butter melted



Light Ganache
200ml custard made with:
200ml milk
3Tbs cornflour
5Tbs sugar
2Tbs cocoa powder
Ganache:
120ml Double cream
150g fine dark chocolate( good quality for a better taste!)

8-10 small meringues

Method:
First mix all the ingredients for the base.
Layer a 23cm oiled round tin with the biscuit mix. Press with your fingers and refrigerate until it hardens.
Meanwhile prepare the Ganache
In a saucepan,on a low heat mix the ingredient for the custard until thickened. Set aside
In another pan boil the cream and add the chocolate broken into small pieces.
Mix until the chocolate is melted.
Mix with the custard and pour on top of the biscuit base. Add the meringues and let them sink.
Refrigerate until set..
Decorate…


No comments:

Post a Comment