Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Saturday 1 January 2011

Coconut Truffles


I’ll tell you about my situation and tell me what else you would do….if not to treat yourself to some comfort food.
It is the first day of the new year…
The time is already 4:00pm and my phone has not rung once.
I have tried to contact my family in Algeria but no replies…May be they are just all busy (I found out later that they were all visiting my sister and enjoying a feast together!)
My children?
Some of them are out with their friends, Some are watching a movie in their bedroom and some are sleeping!! (I have 6!)
You could say phone a friend!
Yes but I was with them yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day before that…I don’t want them to think I don’t have other things to do in my life!!!!
Anyway I needed comfort!


Recipe
The good thing about this recipe is that you do not need to be very accurate.
Start by making a Ganache with white chocolate.
Around 200ml of double cream( I feel so guilty when I use double cream but I tried it with single cream but it does not firm up enough!)
Around 200g white chocolate
Around 250g desiccated coconut
And that is it!
Method 
Start by breaking the chocolate into small pieces (the smaller the best. I used a food processor to crush it)
Heat up the cream but do not allow it to boil.
Pour it over the chocolate and stir to melt the chocolate.
Cool in the fridge until thick and firm.
Add enough coconut to firm and thicken.
Form small balls and roll in coconut.
Keep in the fridge and serve cold.

1 comment: