Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Sunday 23 January 2011

Ca3ke

 Ca3ke
No, it is not a mistake; the number 3 is there to replace an Arabic alphabet that does not exist in English. How do I explain it ? it is close to the A because, like the A its sound comes out from the throat it also sounds like the noise you do when you try to clear your throat when you have “a frog in your throat”…!
Any way no need to clear your throat, my ca3kes are so full of goodness and flavours I promise the frogs will never get their way in!!!!???
In Algerian when you clear your throat , it is a sign of wanting something.

Recipe
2 eggs
¾ cup castor sugar
1 cup oil
1tsp vanilla paste
1Tbs Nigella seeds (also known as black onion seeds)
1Tbs fennel seeds
1Tbs Sesame seeds
1Tbs Baking powder
½ cup mixed chopped nuts( I roasted mine for extra flavour!)
Flour (I do not have an exact measure but read the method and you will understand)

Method
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt untilstiff, add thesugar while beating with the whisk.
Fold in the egg yolks, all the seeds and vanilla.
Add the oil. Fold in the sifted flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture turns  into a dough that is not sticky but still soft and pliable. Divide the dough into 24 pieces roll each piece into a stripwhich you would form into a circle.
Brush with the extra egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake in a medium oven (Fan 170) until golden brown.
These ca3kes could keep up to a month in an air tight container.
Yes…no need to clear your throat!.

No comments:

Post a Comment