Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Saturday 26 February 2011

Les Millefeuilles




You know what happens when you start thinking about a diet to loose some weight?
Well the first day it goes fine… you say to yourself it is not bad after all..I managed my first day with a fat free, sugar free diet. I could do that for ever… and soon your mind digs deep in your memory to remind you about the good old days when you were in your teens and twenties ... when what ever you ate never affected your waist…
Can’t remember the last time I made millefeuille …Ages ago!
Here I am today…thinking about…a diet!

As for the recipe
I used to make my own Puff pastry…It took me all day!
Now I buy ready made! It is equally nice..
Please do not use custard…I was tempted once and used it…It just won’t  be the right thing…
Make your own crème patissiere,; I flavoured it with coffee.
For the fondant use either simple icing sugar and hot water or  (my little secret: heat up some ready to roll white icing!!)

1 comment:

  1. Faiza, you are a star, they look exactly like the ones you buy in patisseries in Algeria. and thank you for the little secret, I will definetly try it next time. Now give me another secret: what's best; ready rolled puff pastry, or the block you roll yourself.

    ReplyDelete