Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Cake and Go!

Cake and go!
It is the same idea as the Wash and go??? No need to condition, just lather and rinse…all done.
For this cake, apply the same principle, put in all the decoration then the cake and cook… turn into a plate and serve.
My daughter said if I put glace cherries it would add some colour and will look beautiful…
I said you should have told me earlier I would have cooked the cherries with it…For this cake, I will hold on to the one principle: It is an all in one, cook and go… Besides what is wrong with one colour?.. in fact I find it very beautiful It is all merging…no add on…It is cake and go.


Recipe
Ingredients:
200gr plain flour sifted
4 eggs
1Tbs baking powder
200gr dark brown sugar
100gr margarine
100gr vegetable oil
100gr dark brown sugar
4 rings of pineapple
¼ cup pineapple juice
You will need a loaf tin (38cm long) lined with grease proof paper.
Method:
Put the 75gr of sugar in the tin first . Line the pineapple and then the juice. Leave aside
Mix the cake’s ingredient starting by creaming the margarine, oil and sugar,
Add the eggs one by one mixing each egg with a tablespoon of flour. Fold in the remaining flour and baking powder.
Spoon the mixture on the top of the pineapple. Level. Cook in a moderate oven 170, until cooked. Check with a skewer which is supposed to come out clean if inserted through the cake.
Once cooked transfer upside down onto a serving plate.  

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of cake and go, can't wait for the recipe.

    Thanks and go Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete