Why Twist and Taste?


Food dishes all around the world taste delicious you just need to adjust them and “twist” them to suit your taste.

When I prepare food, I like to be flexible. I like to give my food character and originality. I believe in the final result. I believe in using fresh ingredient. I believe in cooking with pleasure.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Khobz lahchiche ( Herbs' Bread)

I had a phone call from an old friend yesterday…Someone I haven’t
seen or spoken to for quiet a while! 
I had previously thought about phoning her… I felt I lost contact… What
would I say to her…It is such a long time… The conversation won’t be
natural!!! But then when she phoned… We spoke for ages… we had a lot to
catch up… It was easier than I thought.. Natural things come naturally…
So is my return to my blog tonight! 
It is weeks since I left it.
With a lot of struggle I published my 1st video (You can check it in
youtube as well!) . I thought that this could answer the request I had
from my sister to write in Arabic or French… but many of my friends who
follow my blog speak English only!!
So I thought about this idea!!
I won’t do it for all posts though… 
It needs time and organising to record!!
You need to clean the kitchen to perfection! (My standard of
perfection!!!)
You need to put all the ingredients in nice dishes…
And you need to measure everything… ARGGGH … I don’t.
Anyway this is my first attempt… I will do more (InshaAllah)… it is fun
seeing my hands! And hearing my voice.. and making mistakes… did you
spot any???
For this recipe, my brother says why did you call it khobz l’hchiche…
some people may think you are referring to the stuff that …the minds!
When lahchiche in Algerian only means herbs..
Yes but (With all humblness) my bread does….  the minds ( Humbleness
Faiza, Humbleness!) … Well Try it!!! 
As to the ingredients I used:
wholemeal flour
plain flour
fine semolina
salt
yeast
olive oil
black onion seeds
sesame seeds
water
flax Seed and egg yolk
as to the method , the videos explain that clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment